Thursday, March 08, 2007

Son of the Mask - DVD podBLAST




Don't let the hilariously clever title throw you - this movie blows.

In this episode of "Franchise Killer Theatre", we find Jamie Kennedy as a down-on-his-luck cartoonist who gets a hold of The Mask. After wearing it to a very convenient costume party (<** party scene deleted from memory **> he comes home and breaks off a little somthin-somethin with the old lady.

Fast forward nine months (really, 40 weeks, people), and little baby is born with all the powers of the mask, yet none of the associated laughs.

As a nervous parent, Ja <** deleted memory **> ing, but not before <** deleted **>, which ends up <** delete **>

F<** emergency memory dump \sonofthemask **>

<** \release endorphin **>

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eegah, what a steaming load... I never would have had the patience to sit through that. I barely had the patience to sit through the trailers.

From what I heard, I can safely say I missed NAHSING.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite Stephen Wright gag:

"I once made instant coffee in a microwave and went back in time."

8:52 PM  
Blogger directorscut said...

Your next blasts should be one of the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movies to celebrated the release of TMNT next week!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the next set of ten to be announced.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

I'm going to have to agree with that comment in regards to blasting a Ninja Turtles movie. The first one is perfectly acceptable entertainment and the second one is okay (despite it being en vogue to mock the Vanilla Ice cameo), but TMNT 3 is a great big steaming load of blast-worthy poop. Everything about that movie is just wrong.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the one where they time-travel back to ancient Japan, or something like that?

I think I went and saw that in the theatre!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the one where they time-travel back to ancient Japan, or something like that?

I think I went and saw that in the theatre!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

Yep, TMNT 3 is the one where they go back to feudal Japan. I actually saw the movie in theaters, and my poor ten-year-old Turtle-loving heart was broken by the sheer awfulness of it.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z02d9e4vvT0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7NwAacJ8w

The Angry Video Game Nerd reviews the awfulness that is TMNT3. In case anyone needs a reminder.

I agree wholeheartedly with 'Blasting this thing. Even as a kid I was smart enough to stay away from the third movie. The ending to the second pissed me off, but after I saw the lipflap on the third movie's turtle costumes, I cried, threw away my childhood, and became a MAN.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home