Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Bonfire of the Vanities - DVD podBLAST




The title, The Bonfire of the Vanities, refers to an event in 1497 whereby a puritanical leader in Italy sent his Troops of Morality house to house, requesting that folks give up their "vanities" - paintings, cosmetics, "pagan" books - and throw them onto the 15-story bonfire.

Nice.

As the undisputed modern day equivalent of the Troops of Morality, DVD podBLAST will soon be going door to door, nicely asking people to give up their DVD copies of The Bonfire of the Vanities so we may throw them atop the ritual pyre, apty named, "The Bonfire of The Bonfire of the Vanities."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I... I'm so terribly sorry you guys had to sit through this. I'm going to make some predictions before I listen. We'll see if I'm right.

1) Someone will get so bored they leave the posh DVD Podblast Studio(s).

2) Darren will slip into a coma

3) Senko will spontaneously VANISH

4) Someone hurls the couch at the TV.

I know I felt like all of this needed to happen when *I* watched it.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Matt Sutton said...

You know, I've never seen "Bonfire of the Vanities", I probably never will, and I'd like to think that I'm a better person for it.

Of course, if I did ever watch the movie, I'd probably end up ripping my brain out of my head and smashing it against the pavement "Robocop 2"-style just to rid myself of the memory of having seen it.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man oh man, I hate this film. One of the best books of the last twenty years, and this is what they did with it? Jesus Harold Christ. Thanks for blasting it, guys. It deserves it.

Years later, I would experience the same emotions when Breakfast Of Champions was similarly slaughtered - once again with Bruce Willis in it. Damn you, Bruce Willis!

I still love him, though. Because he's Bruce Willis!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home